The PantherX Team is looking for experienced Linux developers in Tehran, Iran.
- Good communication skills (Must).
- Strong programming skills in a Linux environment
- Experience with GUI technologies & development on Linux.
- Experience in object-oriented design and multithreaded programming
- Experience with version management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong understanding of computer systems e.g. operating systems, networks etc
- Independent team player with an eye for details and report on status and planning of own work.
What you’ll be working on:
We’re developing a new OS called “PantherX”, based on Guix. Depending on your qualifications and experience, you’ll be working on either, or all of these 3 components.
1) Base OS
- Fork GuixSD (base distribution), while maintaining compatibility
- Work with, and enhance the Guix Package Management System
- Set-up private repositories, define packages using GNU Guile
- Manage development and release cycle (development, testing, build, release)
- Ensure stability and security!
Required: C, C++, Shell, Qt5, git
- Implement set-up routine to configure the desktop according to user requirements
- Develop our desktop environment based on LXQt (Qt5)
- New, centralized online accounts management based on pass
- Work on a new PIM Suite (Mail, Contacts, Calendar) based on Unix principles
- Improve existing Qt5 Linux applications, or port from GTK3+
- Develop new Linux applications where existing ones don’t meet our standards
Required: Qt5, C++, Shell, C, Python, git
- Make our OS work in harmony with the hardware (Rockchip RK3399)
- Integrate and enhance existing ARM Mali-T860MP4 drivers
- Develop recovery tools to re-flash the OS from SD to eMMC
Required: C, ARM (drivers, Mali), git
We follow Unix Philosophy.
“Design programs to do only a single thing, but to do it well, and to work together well with other programs.”
Do you really think you have what it takes to be a PantherX developer? Apply now.